Introduction To Jicama Recipes:
Jicama is something that relatively new to me. I have seen it off in the vegetable section of the super market but known nothing about them. I didn’t even know their names. However, I came across this rice porridge recipe the other day using jicama as the main ingredient. So I have come to know it a little bit by now.
It tastes clear and crispy when cooked into porridge, nothing like its brother – the sweet potato. In addition, it looks crystal, very unique.
Therefore, I think you should also have a try with the following recipe presented in detail.
Ingredients of the Rice Porridge one of the jicama recipes:
Polished ground-grained rice: 100 g
Jicama: 200 g
White Sugar: 15 g
Water: appropriate amount
1. Rinse the rice with water;
2. Immerse the rice in water for half an hour;
3. Strain the rice with a sieve;
4. Rinse the jicama clean with water;
5. Peel the jicama;
6. Dice the jicama;
1. Put the rice, diced jicama and water together into a pot;
2. Boil it with high heat;
3. Turn to low heat and boil it into porridge;
4. Season it with white sugar.
1. When the porridge is too sticky, which you found is not what you want, then you can add some water into it and repeat the process again, which will be faster than the first.
2. If you are an organized person, then you will probably measure the water that you use this time and make your corresponding adjustment next time. It would definitely take less time if things are done as expected for the first time.
3. I like jicama at once when I took the first bite. I hope I can find out more jicama recipes in the future and try them out and show you here. Come back from time to time. You will find new recipes that you can have a try by yourself immediately.