Today, we are going to introduce one of the seaweed recipes. It looks great with the black seaweed and white tofu, as you can see from the picture above. At the end of this post, you will also learn the medical value of tofu. So keep reading.
Seaweed: 100 g
Tofu: 200 g
Vegetable oil: 1 tablespoon
Scallion: 1 tablespoon (coarsely chopped)
Minced ginger: 1/2 teaspoon
Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
1. Immerse the seaweed in the lukewarm water until it gets softened, take it out of the water, rinse it clean and cut it into square pieces;
2. Cut the tofu into big blocks as large as you like, put them into boiling water for some time (1 minute), take them out and let them cool down, and then cut them into small dices (in appropriate size you like);
3. Get the chopped scallion and ginger mince ready. Don’t forget. To scalp the tofu blocks, you should also put the wok with cool water on high heat in advance, too.
1. Preheat the oil in the wok on high heat or full flame;
2. Drop the chopped scallion and ginger mince in and go to the next step when their smell is sent off;
3. Pour the seaweed pieces and tofu dices into the wok;
4. Cover what is in the wok with water and boil it;
5. Change to low heat or flame to simmer it when it begins to boil;
6. Add in the salt and continue to cook until the seaweed and tofu get salty.
1. The phytoestrogen contained in tofu can protect the endothelial cells of blood vessels from being oxidized. If you eat tofu often, then the damage of blood vessels can be alleviated. And it can also prevent the incidence of osteoporosis, breast cancer and prostate cancer. Tofu is believe to be the Patron Saint of middle-aged women.
2. However, tofu should NOT be cooked together with spinach or chives. That is because a substance known as calcium oxalate will be produced. This substance is believed to be the trigger of calculus.